Some direction needed

Suzanne Hitchen January 21, 2022

Hi - the company I work for is looking to install Trello and they have tasked me with looking into it.   

I have set up the free account to start tying to educate myself and whilst I have no issue with all the basics, I am unable to ascertain how everybody in the company can add boards and team members to join the board in a way that the MD of the business can review all boards and see where everybody is at on a variety of projects  -

Can this be done in the free version ( we are a small team of 7 but our project count is large).  it is as simple as having him invited to all projects as a member of the board  or to have this option, do we need to upgrade to a paid version of Trello.  I have asked Google this question in every way I can to try and find the answer but am not having a lot of luck. just seem to be going around in circles.  

Any  assistance  somebody in know can offer will be greatly appreciated   thank you

1 answer

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Suzanne Hitchen ! Welcome to the community :) if you have a free Trello workspace, you can add any number of people to boards in your workspace (to one board or many boards) with no additional charge. The limitation you'll have on the free plan is you'll be limited to 10 boards per workspace, and you won't have access to different board user types - all people you add to your board will be members and will have both read and write access (on the paid plans you can have board observers that have read-only access).

So TDLR; you can invite your MD to different project boards so he or she can view cards, but your MD will have the ability to make changes to the boards.

Additionally, you might find that your MD just wants a single view of all projects to get a high-level understanding of where everything is at. There are plenty of options like Trello's Workspace Table, Blue Cat Reports, or creating a master project board using Unito. Happy to provide more detail on this if you're interested!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events