Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms IFTTT to create Trello cards works for me but not my wife

mweier February 8, 2020

I set up an IFTTT rule so that when I text my IFTTT sms number it creates a Trello card in my inbox list.  Neat!

i then gave my wife the number and asked her to text it from her phone with the hashtag and it doesn’t work.  Can’t find much IFTTT documentation on texting to the sms number - is this limited to only texting from my own mobile?  

are there better ways to let non-Trello users submit tasks that auto populate on my inbox Trello list?  Sms seemed sweet since so easy to do from Siri when she thinks of something.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2020
mweier February 9, 2020

Thanks!  This worked for us. Just added the board email address to the same contact I sms to and she’s able to submit tasks that way.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2020

Hi 

You can use post-it app which have sharelink with trello. You can write a message or use voice command, join an attachment.

mweier February 10, 2020

Sounds interesting... 

I just installed Post-It and created a note; however when I try to use the Share feature on the note and select Trello to send it into my existing inbox list, the Save button is disabled.  I'm logged in to Trello, and it let me select the board and list.  Does share note to Trello work for you?

I see there's also an option to link the whole note list in Post-It up to a Trello board, but I'm trying to get new notes into an existing board's existing list

--UPDATE:  NEVER MIND.  It works.  I didn't have any text in my Post-It note, just an image.  The share Save button is disabled until some text is provided.  The UI doesn't have field outlines so I hadn't realized it expected text.  (this could use UX improvement, imho, though obvious enough once you figure that out)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events