Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slack PowerUp stopped working

Dima Chi December 23, 2020

We've been using slack integration for quite a while. It stopped working around 16 hours ago.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2020

Back story - we submitted a new version of our app to Slack but when they put it into the slack App Store it seems like it’s being treated as a new app (ie it is not using previous authorizations like it is supposed to). This could be Trello’s fault. This could be Slack’s fault. Regardless, we both apologize as this is an experience we did not intend to happen and we are trying to figure out how to resolve it 

BUT, it does seem like if you don’t want to wait just redoing the whole app and reinstalling it on the slack side would fix it. 

mentezar December 28, 2020

I removed the Trello app from my Slack workspace. Removed Trello addon from my Trello board. Made all the linking (accounts, slack channel to post, etc.) from scratch but the activity notifications from Slack doesn't work.

Like # people like this
Remmer Janssen December 28, 2020

Same here

Brett Hill December 28, 2020

Redid everything and elements of the integration work but the activity notifications do NOT work still.

Like Darian James likes this
1 vote
Tricia December 23, 2020

I've invited Trello into the slack room as advised above but still have No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator. errors on my existing integrations. 

If I create a new one, it also reverts back to the above error state.

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

Similar to what Maksym said, if you:

1. remove your power up settings on Trello by pressing "Remove Personal Settings" on the Slack Power-Up

2. use the "/trello reset" and "/trello setup" commands on Slack

you should be able to relink your account.

Like 下村麻理恵 likes this

Done it many times, also in the exact sequence of your message. Nothing happens.

The account relinking seem ok when setup but when I add a new card nothing is notified on Slack.

If in Trello I go to "menu" (right panel), Slack, Edit settings of the powerup, I receive this:

trello_slack_problem.png

Like Brett Hill likes this

And if I click on the edit "Modifica" link on the above screenshot I receive this:
"You are not authorized anymore to publish alerts on behalf of the creator/author"

trello_slack_problem_1.png

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
December 28, 2020

What happens when you try to edit the alert?

I can change the status of each checkboxes checked/not_checked or I can delete the alert with the orange button in the bottom of the modal. I've done it many times, editing and also completely deleting and recreating the alert and the linkings.

Nothing changes.

Like Brett Hill likes this
Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
December 28, 2020

Have you tried manually revoking the token for the Slack Power-Up? 
You can revoke it by going to your account settings page, and pressing the Revoke button next to the Slack power-up under Applications. 

Also try disabling and re-enabling the power-up afterwards.

And then run the same slack commands to relink the board.

After your message I revoked the app auth in my account settings page. Cleared anything in account linkings. Done all the setup from scratch, nothing changes.

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
December 28, 2020

Is this a personal board or a team board?

I have free Trello account and this is a team/group board.

Tricia December 29, 2020

I have a paid account with a help desk and security team that I have to pass this by so re-authorizing in certain worlds is not as easy, especially since it affects the entire workspace. Hopefully I will get approval and will report back on if the above steps do indeed work.

Like mentezar likes this
Tricia December 29, 2020

After getting approval, I re-auth'ed, used  "/trello reset" and "/trello setup" commands in my private Slack channel and I still get this message: No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator.

This powerup has been critical in knowing when new requests have been made to my business unit.

What other steps are there to get this working?

Like # people like this
mentezar December 29, 2020

@Tricia is the exact error message I receive (translated in Italian). Hope they will find a solution.

Like Tricia likes this
NC December 29, 2020

I hope they fix this. Having the same problem here.

Like Tricia likes this
Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
December 30, 2020

Can you go to your team page and unlink your current slack channels and then press Add to Slack to re-link it?

Trello.com/teamname/account > Settings tab > Scroll down to Slack Team Linking > Change > Unlink

0 votes
Brett Hill December 31, 2020

So, this appears to have started working again, but now it's posting notifications via a specific user and not the trello bot/user. What gives?

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
December 31, 2020

We rolled out a change to our Slack Power-Up that had seemed to invalidated the bot token on some workspaces. We added a fix to use the user's token if the bot token fails.

mentezar December 31, 2020

Remved association from team, removed linking informations from power-up (step already done many times) but today it started working again. Thanks.

Remmer Janssen January 7, 2021

@Bryan Liao The bot token still fails for us and it uses my token instead. However, I'm the user who needs to be notified about changes in Trello and Slack will not notify me about "my" messages.

Remmer Janssen January 21, 2021

@Bryan Liao Will you continue to work on a real solution to this?

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2021

@Remmer Janssen I believe if you invite the bot to your channel again, the notifications should use your bot instead of your own token. /invite @trello

Suzie Weisband January 21, 2021

Can anyone from Atlassian create a video to show us what you are doing?  I have tried to do all of these things.  I can't add another slack team and I can't remove the old slack teams - even on the Slack side.  I revoked.  I removed the workspaces.  I removed personal data.  Nothing.  Why not just show us??!!

Suzie Weisband January 21, 2021

Does this have anything to do with Slack now being a part of Salesforce?  Should we add Salesforce and see if Slack works there?  :(

Remmer Janssen January 25, 2021

@Bryan Liao OK, I tried again. I removed the personal settings in Slack, removed the Power-Up from all boards except for one Trello team, invited Trello to the dedicated Slack channel, unlinked the Slack team from the Trello team and linked the Slack and Trello team again. Now it is working again

Bryan Liao
Atlassian Team
January 25, 2021

@Suzie Weisband Here is a video you can refer to for relinking slack teams and users with Trello:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hrf9Or1Qv0W_EWJAJ47Qn7BfslsacIeC/view?usp=sharing

0 votes
Maksym Mospanenko December 27, 2020

I've tried to invite @Alen again, recreated PoweUp and subscriptions, removed app on the Slack side - nothing helps, messages don't work.

We're using free Slack workspace and Trello, private board and Slack channel.

>No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator.

to fix it I had to change app name, board name, delete from all workspaces, powerpurs (and clean up all credentials firstly). I don't remember the right sequence, but now it works.

Check "Slack Team Linking" 

0 votes
Remmer Janssen December 23, 2020

We have the same issue. The error message is "No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator."

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
December 23, 2020

Try /invite @trello back to that channel and that should help

Like # people like this
Samir Penkar December 23, 2020

I got the same error, how do I fix this? 

Dima Chi December 23, 2020

The fix is posted literally above your comment.

Samir Penkar December 23, 2020

This is the error I get - 

A valid member name is required.

Remmer Janssen December 30, 2020

I tried all the suggestions, nothing worked. Now it's just working again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events