Simplest way to see everything I have to do?

Michael Cryne February 11, 2021

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to Trello, so this is a really basic question. I have a couple of shared boards but I mainly use Trello to manage my own projects. I'd like Trello to show me what I have to do over the coming few days, in a nice readable format. It feels at the moment as though things are very easy to miss, buried in boards etc. 

I'm aware of the 'Cards' view, but it seems a little like an afterthought (it's not on the main menu for example). Which leads me to think there might be a better way? The 'Home' view just feels like a mess of 'too much information' (I don't really need to know that I subscribed myself to a card, what I need to know is that I have to send a form back to X by close of play today. 

I hope I've explained correctly. As I said I'm relatively new to Trello so it's probably user-error. Thanks for any tips!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Hi @Michael Cryne! There are a couple of options to give you an "overview" of the cards you need to see:

1. Team tables. This is a beta feature and is only available for Business & Enterprise accounts. You can add boards and filter on member to see the cards assigned to you.

2. Unito. This is a paid power-up where you can build workflows between boards. What I would recommend is creating a master board that consolidates cards from different boards that you need to see. I've worked with clients that have built workflows where cards sync to a master board if they're assigned to that card (added as a member) and if the card is due that day or the following day/s. That way they can log in in the morning, look at their board and see all the things they need to focus on for that day. Any change they make to a card in their master board trickles back to the cards on the "origin" boards (it's a complete 2-way sync).

If you're interested in exploring Unito, I'd be happy to help if you need any guidance! 

Michael Cryne February 15, 2021

Thank you Hannah that's great! I'll check it out. I've also investigated Pleexy and the Todoist power up as well, which I think will suit my needs just as well.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Nice! Hope it goes well. Looks like Todoist gives you a separate platform to manage your work from, and Pleexy works in the background to sync your tools like Unito. Couldn't see a way to connect different Trello boards together with Pleexy, but might have been missing something.

Like Michael Cryne likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events