Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Search

Sierk Oudemans August 3, 2017

Hi,  I am a fairly new trello user and to find a card I often use the search feature at the top of the page.  I have noticed that not all information in the card is included as part of the search.  For example I had a project number saved in a custom field and a search for that project number did not return anything.  I added the number to the card's description and still nothing.  1st question: does anyone know which of the card's fields are included in the standard search, and 2nd: Is there any way to expand the search to include all information on a card?  

Thanks in advance for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Hey Sierk

Currently, Custom Fields are not searchable. Hopefully that is implemented soon!  

For searching in the description of a card, you'll need to use the description:keyword operator, where the search will find cards with the word Keyword that is in the description. Here's a general breakdown of searching within Trello. Check out Super Search as well :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events