Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use teams and if so how?

Alysia S. Christiani October 10, 2018

Hi, I'm new to trello and confused on the use of teams.

the account is in my business name (it is not a business class acct) and i have 2 other business members that will use it.

should i open cards for each project directly in the account and give those 2 members access to the account

or

start a team (using the business name) and have the 2 biz members open personal accounts then invite their personal accounts to the team?

why or why not?

thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

teams are containers that allow you to manage related boards more easily than adding people to single boards every time.

You could have a Marketing team that interacts with several boards related to their work. when a new member of the team is hired, you only have to add that user to the team to give him/her access to all the boards on the team that are set to "Team" visible. You can also have boards on that team that contain more sensitive information, so you would want to have that board marked as "Private" with individual accesses.

You could also have a Development team, where a lot of technical boards exist. You wouldn't necessarily want someone from Marketing to have access to all the dev boards in that team, but one MKT user may need to access one "Team" DEV board. You would then use individual board access management to deal with that exception. The DEV team members would see the board, plus that individual MKT user.

Alysia S. Christiani October 11, 2018

thanks! this is very helpful

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events