Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut for card specific email address?

Tony Morgan September 29, 2019

New Trello user here and, so far, I love it.   However, I am struggling with one issue.  From my Gmail Inbox I would like to be able to have the contents of an email appear as a comment on a specific card that I select each time.  Currently this can be accomplished if I leave Gmail, open Trello, open the card that I want this email to be added to, then click on Share and More, click on Email for this Card, copy the long stringed email address, come back to Gmail and forward that email to that specific email address.    I just have to believe that there is an easier way with all of the integrations that are out here.

Any ideas or am I missing something easy?

Thanks, everyone!!

--T

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2019

@Tony Morgan nope this isn't a particularly easy thing to solve, and you can't even fetch this email address using the API, so there's no way to build automation that gets it for you.

I haven't found a solution beyond savings the card email address as a contact that allows you to do this any faster. It's also particularly painful because the only way you can obtain that email address on a mobile device is to copy a link to the card and then open it up in a mobile web browser and then it's super finicky to copy it out.

I built Benko Board which is actually a complete integration of Trello with Gmail, that is, it let's you use Trello as a Gmail client:

http://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It's now available in the G-Suite marketplace and via the Sheets add-ons menu, but isn't verified by Google yet so you'll get a big ugly error (also it currently says "free" but I'll be adding in billing at some point for $49/year just so you're aware):

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/benko_board_by_the_procedure_people/204068045444

This allows you to have all your email conversations via Trello if you like, or only a subset of them (the configuration is reasonably flexible but pretty tricky because it's all done through google sheets).

Benko Board runs in the background so it works from any device.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events