Sharing Boards w/o cost or Public

natalie gingrich April 16, 2019

I have a program that I lead. As a part of that program, I use various Boards with steps that we use for project management throughout the monthly project. 

Is there an option for sharing these and not paying for each member without making it public? I looked into the Observer role but I'd end up paying since they're on 6 boards.

Do you have a suggestion?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

@natalie gingrich You can't add observers to personal boards, and you can't add observers to multiple boards within a business class team without paying for them as multi-board guests. But you only pay for each observer once, so you don't pay 6 times if they're a member of 6 boards for example.

HOWEVER, if you'd rather, you could have a single board where your observers sit which has the overview of the project, then have linked cards from each board that has more detail for your internal team. You can automate the card linking with something like Butler, Unito or Trellinator, depending on your requirements.

But then you'd probably end up paying for those solutions, and that cost may exceed what you'd pay for your business class obvservers as multi-board guests anyway :)

So you might find it's best to just pay for the multi-board guest on those boards.

Keruchan September 17, 2021

What I don't like about all of these are there are too little information about how multi-guest board user cost or how exactly they are billed. Or if there are budget option of adjusting it to 2 or 3 board limit per guest for as cheap as additional $1 or $2 per month per guest.

Coz lets be honest here... 

Small business doesnt need that much board (unlimited) to begin with.

Most of these business only need less than 10boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events