It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sharing Boards w/o cost or Public

I have a program that I lead. As a part of that program, I use various Boards with steps that we use for project management throughout the monthly project. 

Is there an option for sharing these and not paying for each member without making it public? I looked into the Observer role but I'd end up paying since they're on 6 boards.

Do you have a suggestion?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Apr 16, 2019

@natalie gingrich You can't add observers to personal boards, and you can't add observers to multiple boards within a business class team without paying for them as multi-board guests. But you only pay for each observer once, so you don't pay 6 times if they're a member of 6 boards for example.

HOWEVER, if you'd rather, you could have a single board where your observers sit which has the overview of the project, then have linked cards from each board that has more detail for your internal team. You can automate the card linking with something like Butler, Unito or Trellinator, depending on your requirements.

But then you'd probably end up paying for those solutions, and that cost may exceed what you'd pay for your business class obvservers as multi-board guests anyway :)

So you might find it's best to just pay for the multi-board guest on those boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,550 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you