Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set due date on new card based on date at end of card title

pgeorge2001 January 28, 2021

When creating a new card that contains a date at the end of the title, I'd like to automatically use that date to set the due date field.

I'm sure I had something working like this over a year ago, but I can't remember how I did it.  I've got just a standard account.

It may have been butler, or butler bot, or just standard functionality. In any case I've not found how to do it again!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hey @pgeorge2001 

I made a video on how to do this here :) 

image (2).png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S_psCM7mU

Hope it helps! 

Dan

Thanks Dan!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

I knew I'd done this before, and thought I was going mad!!!

I've now subscribed to your channel :) 

Cheers,

Phil

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_

Looks like a action that I will use more often to manipulate due dates. 

Like Dan Ivory likes this
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2021

Thanks for subscribing @pgeorge2001 !!   :) 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2021

@pgeorge2001 
Lately there has been a lot of questions on dates. While Butler has options for you to see dates using the selection options in the actions under due dates, to use a date the way you described is not possible. I would be glad to me proven wrong. My way around it is to use Butler HTTP action. 

I wish I could remember how I previously did it! Perhaps it was something in ButlerBot which is not in Butler?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events