Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending checklists

Laura June 15, 2018

Hi. I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to find a way to send checklists via Whatsapp (preferred) or email.

To clarify, I am not looking for notifications when a checklist is added to a card, nor I want to create new checklists from email. I want to share my trello checklists with non trello users.

I have tried:

- Zapier:  does not allow me to send checklist contents

- Evernote: converts trello cards into todo lists, not useful at all

- Butler, same as Zapier

- Export, Json? who uses that? excel? exports all trello board

- Created new list called shared with copied cards from checklists, but have not found way to shared their contents to non trello users.

Maybe I have used wrongly the above. Please help. It would be very useful to be able to send checklist .

Thank you very much in advance

3 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2018

@LauraActually I don't think WhatsApp allows you to put messages into it programmatically.  So probably you are limited to email.

Laura June 17, 2018

Thanks Marc, I am exploring again with zapier and email, mixed results yet

0 votes
Laura June 15, 2018

Thank you very much. Is this only for paid Butler, or can it be done in the free version? thanks again. laura

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

These variables are available on all plans, but sending email notifications with Butler is limited to paid plans.

You could combine Butler posting a comment in a card with Zapier to email it (I’m not that familiar with Zapier’s plan features, sorry if this turns out not to be possible.)

Laura June 17, 2018

Thank you vm Oscar. Will look into it, if positive Ill revert.

0 votes
Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

Hi Laura,

Butler does actually allow you to send the list contents by using the {cardcheckliststate} variable. This will insert a (text) snapshot of the current state of all checklists on a card.

Check out all the variables that you can use in this article: https://help.butlerfortrello.com/article/27-variables

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events