It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sending checklists

Hi. I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to find a way to send checklists via Whatsapp (preferred) or email.

To clarify, I am not looking for notifications when a checklist is added to a card, nor I want to create new checklists from email. I want to share my trello checklists with non trello users.

I have tried:

- Zapier:  does not allow me to send checklist contents

- Evernote: converts trello cards into todo lists, not useful at all

- Butler, same as Zapier

- Export, Json? who uses that? excel? exports all trello board

- Created new list called shared with copied cards from checklists, but have not found way to shared their contents to non trello users.

Maybe I have used wrongly the above. Please help. It would be very useful to be able to send checklist .

Thank you very much in advance

3 answers

Hi Laura,

Butler does actually allow you to send the list contents by using the {cardcheckliststate} variable. This will insert a (text) snapshot of the current state of all checklists on a card.

Check out all the variables that you can use in this article: https://help.butlerfortrello.com/article/27-variables

Thank you very much. Is this only for paid Butler, or can it be done in the free version? thanks again. laura

These variables are available on all plans, but sending email notifications with Butler is limited to paid plans.

You could combine Butler posting a comment in a card with Zapier to email it (I’m not that familiar with Zapier’s plan features, sorry if this turns out not to be possible.)

Thank you vm Oscar. Will look into it, if positive Ill revert.

0 votes
Marc Community Leader Jun 17, 2018

@LauraActually I don't think WhatsApp allows you to put messages into it programmatically.  So probably you are limited to email.

Thanks Marc, I am exploring again with zapier and email, mixed results yet

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,294 views 23 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you