cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching with multiple negation

Andrew Z January 16, 2018

I would like to search for a pattern like this

Bob -list:delivered -list:cancelled

However, it returns items from the delivered list even though it is negated, but it does not return items from the cancelled list. (If I switch the order, I get the other set of cards.)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Andrew,

Could you try putting quotation marks around the names of the lists? If that's still not working for you, please include a screenshot of the exact search query, and we'll be happy to take a look.

Andrew Z January 19, 2018

Yes, that fixes it.

Strange. I would have never guessed

Andrew Z January 19, 2018

After some more testing, it still seems weird, and the quotation marks do not seem to help. I have lists called

Cancelled

Delivered FY2018

Delivered FY2017

I can shorten the search like

Bob -list:cancelled -list:deliv

But I cannot shorten it like this

Bob -list:cancel -list:deliv

In any case, it is solved when I spell out "cancelled" (without quotation marks)

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Andrew,

Would you mind sending us some more information about this at trello.com/contact? When you submit your information there, please leave the "Give Trello support staff temporary access to your account" checked, so that we can further investigate. Please also include a screenshot of your exact search query.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events