Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for numbers while attaching another Trello card finds nothing

ToLo January 23, 2020

Hi folks,

my cards almost all have a 6-digit-number in their title.

When search for cards while attaching them to other cards, using this 6-digit-number that is part of the title of other cards does not work. No cards to attach will be found.

Example:

Card Title: "146860 This is a Test"

• Attach Trello card in a different card -> search for "146860" -> no cards found
  • Attach Trello card in a different card -> search for "Test" -> card found

Searching cards from the top left on any board does work with numbers.

Any idea, why?

Best,

T.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Did you try to search with quote around a number? In other words.. Instead simply typing the number 146860 try "146860"?

ToLo January 23, 2020

This is working. More precise: just putting quotes or almost any symbol (+, /, ...) before the number reveals matching cards. Why?

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2020

It is probably for some purpose. I see that every card have unique ID. If you click on Share on a card you would see it ... Example:

trello_card_id.png

And if you want to link to the card and type 66 (like the above) you would get the card associated with. So I guess numbers ONLY are reserved for making references to the cards by ID and if you hit something else it recognize that it is not the card ID and it must search in card name.

In your case then you simple must add some symbol and you would get the results. Confusing but maybe that is how it is designed. I would try to reach to someone that might get more precise answer but do not guarantee that this behavior would change.

So you can either start using build in card ID to make references or workaround by adding any symbol to the search before the numbers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events