Search in Japanese not working

Seiji Tokunaga November 20, 2017

Example:

I search for "中華丼" and I get couple of cards. I check the first card but there is no "中華丼" but "中華". In this case, the first card should not be listed in the query result.

I am using the latest 64 bit Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94(Official Build) on 64 bit Japanese Windows 10 Pro (v1703, OS build 15063.726). I have tried both English and Japanese Trello UI but it will not fix the issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Ryann Savoy August 19, 2018

Hello,

I found this page searching for answers to the same problem. I have implemented Trello at my company in Japan, but it's nigh useless without a working search option. I have even added extra text to my cards with kanji and kana, but searches for either turn up nothing. Only romaji searches work, which is impractical for what we need.

It works in neither in my Chrome browser nor in the iPad app.

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi there,

We haven't been able to reproduce this so far. Do you know if "中華丼" is included anywhere on that other card, even in a comment? Since we search all of the card content, not just the title, it would be included in the results if it contained that anywhere.

If you create a new card with just "中華" on it, does that also show up in the search?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events