Search doesn't find a list by name

Olga Ermishkina January 3, 2020

Hi, 

When I use search (search all trello boards), one of the lists inside of one of my boards doesn't show up in results.

I use the same string that is the name of the list.

See the screenshot:Входящие___Trello.png

Any ideas of why this is happening? Can it be a language issue (Russian)? Do you think I should report it as a bug?

I noticed that it happens often and it is very annoying. I have a lot of information on my Trello that I want to be able to access quickly.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi @Olga Ermishkina 

The search in Trello works only on cards or boards. The search does not work for names of lists.

A workaround is to search for one of the cards in the list which you want to search.

Olga Ermishkina January 3, 2020

This is very weird! Why would they do it this way?

Thank you for your explanation, I would never figure it out myself.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

@Olga Ermishkina although i am not sure about the exact reason, one point which may be valid is the lists are at the top of the boards and cards are the main entity which contains the actual data which is usually searched.

Can you please accept the answer if your query has been answered so that this question can be closed and answer can be referenced in future :-)

Like Olga Ermishkina likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events