Search Custom Fields?

Robert Trifiro January 3, 2020

Hello,

I was curious if there is an operator that will allow the searching of data input in a Custom Field?

I am using Zapier to trigger the movement of cards on my board.  The trigger contains the data that is in the Custom Field for every card on the board (each card has unique data).  But I cannot find any Search operators to look inside custom fields.

This has got to be possible right?  Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, and thank you in advance for any help with this.

2 answers

0 votes
Shilpa N January 5, 2020

Filter cards - This is nothing but the "Search Cards" option from the Menu(not the default search).

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi Robert,

I don't think custom fields are searchable. This other post includes some hints or workarounds that may help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-Custom-Fields-Search/qaq-p/647906

Robert Trifiro January 3, 2020

Hi Carlos,

Thank you so much for the quick attention.  Your answer seems to be about Jira.  I am using Trello, and curious if this will still be applicable?  Specifically, when using Zapier to automate finding a specific Trello card?

https://zapier.com/apps/trello/tutorials/search-cards-in-trello

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi Robert, yes, sorry, when I read it the first time I was thinking of JIRA and didn't notice I was in the Trello section. I remember straggling myself when using Trello if I needed to search though custom fields, but I use JIRA for more complex projects (or project configurations.) I've started some research myself. I edited my previous answer and included that other post that refers to searching through custom fields. I'll add whatever I can find in my research.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events