Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP Trello from Adding jpg & png Automatically

Adrian Rich September 28, 2017

Can someone PLEASE help us to stop having Trello add jpg & png from email signatures as if they are "attachments"!?!?!?  This behavior is so annoying as it bloats the cards and keeps us from easily being able to get at "real" attachments in emails we send to Trello cards.

4 answers

1 vote
Beth Holmes-Bozung June 7, 2019

I agree, this is annoying to all our Trello users.

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Adrian,

I can definitely understand how that's annoying!

Currently, Trello will not strip signatures; the only information Trello tries to remove is what it can parse as replies to an original email. That's because Trello errs on the side of not stripping data (to avoid data loss) rather than over-stripping. Different email clients structure emails differently, so we don't have a great way of being certain that we'd remove only signature images, and not images that you actually wanted attached.

Unfortunately, that does mean that those images will show up in each card created by email. I’ll pass your interest in processing signatures on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to pass their way!

0 votes
David Bowman June 9, 2020

This function is a disaster! 

0 votes
Lee Cottrill April 7, 2020

Would be great to have this solved

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events