Rule Creation Trigger

Bob June 1, 2020

Hi there!

I created a rule under butler saying: 

Trigger: "when a due date in this month is set on a card not in list "Renewal""

Action: do whatever

I think the rule must run automatically to check which card date is due in this board and under any list except the one mentioned in order to take the desired action. Whereas it's not doing like this. It is only doing it for the newly modified cards.

My question: How can i make the rule to automatically run and check the due dates and take the appropriate set of actions?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hi Bob,

I don't believe the rule will run for cards that already have a due date.  Is that what you mean?  The reason is because the trigger is "when a due date is set".

You could create a board button that would do your action for all cards if the due date matches some criteria and they are not in the list "Renewal".

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.28.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.28.02 AM.png

Bob June 1, 2020

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your immediate response. 

I don't believe the rule will run for cards that already have a due date.  Is that what you mean?  The reason is because the trigger is "when a due date is set".

Yeah, your right, that was exactly what i was trying to do. 

I then applied your advice and worked fine, except i wasn't able to set the new due date to the same day next year. which i was able to do through the rule. 

Anyway, i will try to work it out through another rule if possible, else it wont be a big in the meantime. 

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events