Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert A Member to A Guest Without Losing Assignments

Teri Beck February 10, 2022

I have 2 guests that were accidentally added to our boards as "Member" - even though they only have access to 1 board each. 

•  I tried to remove them and make them a guest > Result: they were added back as a Member again. 
  • I tried to remove them entirely from all access and add back > Result: they were added back as members but they have to reassign themselves to tasks...

Is there a way to assign tasks to a guest? And is there a way to revert a member to a guest easily without losing all the connected tasks already assigned to a member (who should be a guest)?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2022

I think you might be mixing up board member and workspace member. 

If you add someone to a board (but not the workspace) then they are a guest of the workspace but they are a member of the board. 

You can’t be a guest on a board and not be a member on the board. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

@Teri Beck 

Have you tried removing them as workspace members? Try it out on a test board. A guest is a member of a board but not the workspace. 

Teri Beck February 10, 2022

I have, but the second I try to add them back it makes them a full member again and not a guest. 

We have tried removing them from a board, removing them as a member, and then adding them as an observer only. But that works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. But when we make them a normal user again, it adds them back to members. 

I'll try setting up some test boards. Thank you! 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

@Teri Beck 

After you remove the person from Workspace Member,  I would have thought that account would be on the board as guest. Don't add it back to workspace member.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

@Michael Pryor 

Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to the view on the workspace settings. So I should read that as workspace member and guest. Thanks again. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events