Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Earlier Board?

Christophe Seagle April 23, 2021

Have 2 boards based on a template - invested time customizing each board to my needs/projects. 
Launched Trello today and it asked for log in - which is OK, but it hasn't asked before.

One of the two personalized and customized boards reverted back to the Original template cards and lists with SOME of my customized cards, but not all. The customized background is still there but, my customized cards (renamed, re-organized and several cards deleted) are reverted to the original template with all of the template card lists inserted (I deleted all of the template sample card lists the first day, once I studied them).

Can I revert to last weeks personalized and customized board?

Fortunately the other board of the two is fine and retained all updates and edits (although I am now a bit concerned that something MAY be missing).

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2021

Two things to check:

1. Your details about asking for login make me wonder if you have another account created under a different email and that is where the board is (I've seen some people have this happen recently because we are moving all accounts to a single email)

2. If you made edits to the board, it is VERY UNLIKELY (still possible, but unlikely) that the board isn't "somewhere".  Like you may have trouble finding it in the UI, but it wouldn't have just disappeared.  (The only way I can think this could happen is if somehow your browser was disconnected from trello.com, but it looked like you were connected, and all the changes you made weren't sync'd to the server.  I guess this definitely could happen, but first I'd chase down the answer that the board you are looking for is just somewhere where you haven't looked yet).

You can also contact us at https://trello.com/contact and they can try to do some research to help.

Christophe Seagle April 23, 2021

Hi Michael, that you for the reply and suggestions. 
1. Pretty sure that I don't have a second account, although work in my primary/work account that I had to log into wouldn't have been connected to any other account - at least I don't think so. I did check Trello out ~ a year ago and it might have been on another PC, but I didn't sign up at that time.
2. I made a duplicate of the board that I had started (in case there is a revert to earlier solution) and have started recreating the work done earlier. It DOES go faster the second time you do it :D
Thanks again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events