Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset to template each week

Veronica Ashdown June 14, 2021

Trello Newbie here -

Purpose of this template is to display and track key activities for each day of the week - these activities are the same every week.

The template is setup with columns titled DONE, Monday, Tuesday... Sunday etc with set cards for each activity that need to occur on each day.

When the cards/activities are completed they are moved to the DONE column.

Is there a way to automatically reset to the template each week so that the cards return to their original day of the week?

And/or is there a more efficient way of tracking set weekly activities?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

@Veronica Ashdown you could always just copy a template board every week and start fresh

Veronica Ashdown June 14, 2021

Thanks for the quick reply Iain - I was thinking that. In the meantime I've set up a test for 'Card Repeater' to repopulate the card weekly. Is this something that could work?

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

@Veronica Ashdown maybe, I've never used the Card Repeater. I do see quite a few posts on here with people saying it's doing funny things, so if I were you and I wanted a whole board to reset, I'd just copy it from a template every week. Copying a board doesn't take very long and it means you won't have any weird unintended consequences from trying to automate it.

Like Veronica Ashdown likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events