Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeater power-up - how to set the date of next repeat?

Duncan Drury June 15, 2021

I have an important task I need to do every 5 years on the 1st of May.  The Repeater power up seems ideal for this. 

However, when I set it up to repeat every 5 years, it always shows me the next occurrence is on 1st of May next year, not the 1st May 2026.  So maybe it will alert me four years early - but I am more worried about not getting reminded in 2026.  This is actually something mandatory I need to remember, and could literally go to jail if I forget.

How do I get this to work?

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hi Duncan,

With the card repeater Power-up, it isn't possible to select the first occurrence of the repetition. This is why we'll always take the next date that this trigger hits, and count for 5 years from this date. This doesn't work so well in your case, but perhaps you could use a due date on a card and make sure you'll be notified for this? You could also use Butler to send you emails as this due date approaches.

Personally, if this was an absolutely critical date for me, I'd ensure that I have a few different possibilities to be reminded of this just in case one system fails. Due to this date being a while in the future, I'd also include this in other calendar tools that I use to help make sure this date isn't missed.

Thanks,
Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events