Did you mean: 

Repeat Action to a Linked Card

Nina Medlock April 21, 2021

I am trying to automate this action:

When I add a {labelcolor} {labelname} to a card, 

for each card linked in the attachments,

repeat the add label action. 

I know you can create commands for each label: 

when the yellow "Refi" label is added to a card, find the first card linked in the attachments, and add the yellow "Refi" label to the card

But I need to do this for 20+ labels so I was really hoping that there would be an easier way to just cover all labels. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Nina Medlock ðŸ‘‹

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there unfortunately doesn’t seem to be an easier way at this point in time. 

If you have any other questions please do let me know!

All the best,

Laura

Nina Medlock April 26, 2021

Bummer! Thank you anyway :) 

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

No worries, I'll keep my fingers crossed something crops up soon for you ðŸ˜ƒ

To help others in the same predicament find this solutions easily could you accept the answer above?

Have a great day Nina ðŸ˜ƒ

Nina Medlock April 27, 2021

Done and Done! Thank you Laura! Hope you have a great day as well 😊

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Hi @Nina Medlock ! Would there be more actions you'd like to mirror with these cards (i.e. removing a label, comments, etc)? Also, are the cards you're linking duplicates of one another, or are they different deliverables that are related in some way?

Nina Medlock April 26, 2021

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows ! There is not. I know there are Power-ups that would allow me to mirror across boards, but I'm looking more for a Butler command since these actions vary greatly from board to board in our Workspace/Enterprise account. 

To answer your other question.. we have one master board that has the entire branches pipeline; copies of the cards from that board are then made and moved to our support team's boards based on numerous triggers (checklist items containing xxx; labels being added; cards being added to a specific list; etc.). 

It's a very intricate system that I put together, but it's hard to explain lol

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Got it! So as you said, Butler could achieve this using the cascade option, but you would have to create a separate rule for each label as you mentioned. 

If you'd like to have a mirror of the cards, there are power-ups as you know, and you can actually customize it so the "trigger" for cards to sync from one board to another is specific to each board, and the items that you'd like to map from one board to another (labels, custom fields, status, dates etc.) are specific to the board as well. 

The power-up that would enable this is Unito's Board Sync. I'm not sure if you'd be able to justify the cost if the only syncing functionality you need is labels, so it might be better suited if you're needing other things to be synced as well. 

Nina Medlock April 27, 2021

That's what I ended up doing :) (might I say, I love that Trello incorporated the Cascade commands. They're incredibly useful!!)

Yeah, we've been looking into Unito, but we think Butler is more well-suited since we're doing mostly "if xxx, then xxx" commands. Exactly as you said, we can't really justify the cost at the moment, but Unito absolutely is an amazing power-up that we're keeping in mind. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events