Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove new sidebar?

Justin November 11, 2021

Did they ever provide a way to remove the new sidebar?  I see a number of old questions on this, but no solution.  For me, the new sidebar is a complete waste of screen real estate.

TIA

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2021

Hi @Justin ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! This has been a bug bear for a number of Trello users and the short answer is there is no way to remove the new sidebar. Trello's blog from August on this change states:

The new navigation will begin rolling out at the beginning of September, and we will begin by offering an opt-in experience for everyone that is psyched to make the move over to the improved experience. For anyone who needs a bit more time to get comfortable with change, you can stay on the current experience until the end of September, when we'll migrate everyone over.

Unfortunately, Trello have now moved into the phase that all users are being pushed to the new navigation, even those who have opted out. This is to ensure all users are using the latest version of Trello.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best, 

Laura

Justin November 11, 2021

To clarify, the new layout is mandatory and no customization is planned?

Wm_ Auckerman November 11, 2021

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but on my sidebar, at the top right, there is a "<<" button, and clicking on that gives the option to "Collapse sidebar". which changes it to a very thin transparent strip.

Does that not work for you, or is it the transparent strip that you want to get rid of?

Mary McNeil November 13, 2021

Hi Justin, I'm with you on this! I've just been forced into the new layout and even the collapsed sidebar is causing an issue with other layouts I've specified on the basis of the previous screen size. It's very tedious!

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Justin 

Yes, it's part of a whole series of features that have been rolled out across the board. Meaning at present there is no way to customise it any differently. 

What I would recommend is raising a change/improvement to the navigation as a potential feature request with some ideas of how it could benefit users like yourself. To get this request to the right people I'd recommend reading Trello's guide on how to submit a feature request here >> https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

All the best,

Laura

Justin November 16, 2021

Wm_ Auckerman, I understand it collapses.  I want to get rid of it entirely.

0 votes
Matthew B November 19, 2021

You can use the AdGuard browser extension to remove it, but it will only work until they change styles, again.

If AdGuard is installed, (assuming Chrome for the moment):

1. Left-click on the AdGuard shield.

2. Left-click on the Settings gear (top right) -- this will open the Settings page.

3. Click on "User rules" (on the left)

4. You should see a text area on the right.  Paste the following 3 lines:

trello.com###popover-boundary > div > div.js-react-root
trello.com#$#.collapsed-workspace-nav { padding-left:0!important; }
trello.com#$#.collapsed-workspace-nav::-webkit-scrollbar-button { width:0!important; }

5. Close Settings (it should have auto-saved).

6. Go to your Trello board and Shift+Refresh.

Mary McNeil November 20, 2021

This works for me. Thank you Matthew B, you're a star! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events