Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative Due Dates

Daniella Delatorre May 3, 2018

Hello Trello Experts! I really need some help!!

I work with a team that develops (construction, design, operations) fast food restaurants. We are a small team and we are looking for a way to get out of the painful excel spreadsheets. 

Basically, all the tasks we need to complete in order to finish the project are relative to the Construction Start Date. So if the start date changes, the due dates for all the other tasks would change automatically. We usually put asks in buckets by when they're due, like 2 weeks before construction starts ( Construction start date - 14 days) etc. 

Is Trello the right software for me? It seems like there's a lot of different ways to automate things, but I can't find a way to do my most important function, making due dates relative to another due date. 

1 answer

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

@Daniella DelatorreYour use case seems to need some structured data.  Trello alone would probably need a lot of manual work in order to keep all the dates in sync.

I'd recommend to look at the Trello Power-Up store (Power-Ups are Trello add-ons) and try some with more advanced planning capabilities together with Trello.

Daniella Delatorre May 4, 2018

I am trying to work with Butler to see if I can work around that problem. Are you familiar with Butler?

Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events