Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a deleted card

Greg Nigh June 10, 2017

I'm new to Trello, and just deleted a card that I really really didn't want to delete. Is there any way of accessing deleted cards?

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2017

If you actually archived it, you can recover it from your archived list. However if you truly deleted it, that's a non recoverable action. 

Greg Nigh June 10, 2017

Big bummer. I hope they might consider making a recoverable trash bin for these times. Oy. Thanks for the confirmation of my suspicion.

Like # people like this
Chris Ashton May 9, 2020

+1 the trash bin for deleted cards.

Like # people like this
Josemariagarcia August 13, 2020

Someone on our team deleted a card by mistake, now we cannot recover it, that's really sad

Like macky likes this
Dexter Adams December 29, 2020

If you haven't closed the browser tab (at least in Chrome this works), you can use your browser back button to navigate back to the opened card and copy it. That just save me.

Like # people like this
KRepair January 13, 2021

Another +1 for a trash bin. I should be able to, as an administrator, not allow other users to delete cards. This becomes a cash payment risk should cards end up being deleted after receiving a cash payment to cover up trace of the job. 

Like # people like this
Tooba Asif June 22, 2022

@Dexter Adams thanks, your comment save my day

Natalia Domanska August 3, 2022

@Dexter Adams thank you, you saved my day too :)

vishnupriya ravichandran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

Is any possible way to recover the card after delete,@Chris Ashton

Were we can get it from trash ?

adworzak1 January 29, 2024

@vishnupriya ravichandran If you go to the far right where there are three little dots ellipsis, Click on this and select "Archived Items". It should be there

2 votes
Shlomo Asaf October 11, 2022

"Lets release it as it is, the undo button will enter soon! I promise!"

"Jhon, server side programmer, Atlassian, 6/2002".

1 vote
Dasha Shakov April 4, 2022

I recommend the Backups for Trello Power-Up so you can "undo" things like accidental deletions in the future.

1 vote
Chris Spencer June 16, 2021

I deleted a card and it was lost for good. However by going to the Board's Activity log, I was able to see all of the transactions to the card that I lost going back quite a while. I was able to get all of the info I had lost, and recreate the card. It's not quite as good as recovering what was deleted, but at least  it's better than a complete loss.

Marketing KPM April 4, 2022

Hello, could you let me know how to do it?

Chris Spencer April 5, 2022

Hi.

Go to the board of the card you want recovered. From the menu select Activity. (I found this easier to do on my cell phone using the '...' menu. I'm sure you can do it on a laptop/PC, it just wasn't as clear to me.) Once you've selected Activity it will show you each of the transactions that have occurred on that Board, including all of the line items from a card that was deleted. You can create a new card and manually re-enter the missing data. This is a laborious task depending on how much info was on the card. For me the data was so critical that it was worth the effort to manually recreate it.

Good luck!

Marketing KPM April 6, 2022

Thank you so much

Arthur Trinchera August 29, 2022

I was so hopeful with this answer as I found the Boards activity log and scrolled down but it only shows board activity. It doesn't show comments and such. I need to vent. I had a board with all and only most important user names and passwords. It was my most valuable board and I deleted it because an attachment became the cover photo. I was trying to delete the screenshot and deleted the whole board. There was no,are you sure warning. I'm very upset!

Arthur Trinchera January 26, 2023

Thank you. I book marked this and tried it step by step but I guess is a bit too techy for me. Plus this happened in Aug 29, 2022. Will it still work?

I made it to step 4 and got a blank page and realized it's probably over my head.

I truly appreciate the reply though!!

Arthur

adworzak1 January 26, 2023

I have checked and it looks like it doesnt retain info after a month.
Sorry. I too got
[ ] 
for month old card

Other than that it is straight forward with the JSON extension in chrome (I haven't tried firefox) and you need to make sure you open the card to get the correct card I.d.

Cheers
Anton

0 votes
Max Aigner August 17, 2022

I thought I had been writing into the card and then I realized, that the textfield was not in focus and therefore I must have hit a key that was a shortcut for deleting the card... now it is gone.. That was a lot of work..

Max Aigner August 17, 2022

PS: oh I had only archieved it. I got it back. thank god!!

0 votes
Twain Labs August 20, 2020

The best solution for this is to integrate Slack power-up and set up alerts for any changes you do. You will have the history of that card on Slack along with all the description, checklists, actions you did.

Really saved my life today!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events