cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about templates and synced cards

akwai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 1, 2023

Hi all. Just need clarity on a few things: 

1. Anyone can copy my entire board if I set it up as a template. I am wondering how many outside accounts (on the free plan) can copy my template? Can an unlimited number of random people use my template? Do I have to have a premium account to do this?
  2. Does Trello have any other features similar to templates that make it easy for someone to duplicate my board? Is there a duplicate option for those outside my account?
  3. In my template board I want to have a couple cards that sync with the original board. I want any changes I make to the original card to be reflected on every other board that uses my template. Is the feature I am referring to called ‘syncing cards’? Are there any other similar features to this syncing/mirroring use case I’m referencing? Do I have to use a plugin or other 3rd party integration? Do the other users have to be under my account for syncing to work or can free accounts outside of my organization see the changes in the synced cards?
  4. Is the syncing automatic and immediate or does the user with the synced versions have to click an “update” button (or something) in order to see the changes?
  5. When syncing cards will all the changes in the original card carry over to the synced cards? If I change the cover image on the original card, will it automatically change the cover image of all the synced cards? What if the user makes a change to their sync card, will it disconnect it from the original?

Thanks again for any and all insight!

1 answer

0 votes
Alina Kurishko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2023

Hi there, 

I see you've also submitted a ticket listing these questions. My colleague is already working on it so you should receive an update soon in a private thread instead of this post. 

Thanks for your patience!

Alina | The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events