It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Protecting card templates from accidental editing

Greetings,

We have a recurring issue with team members accidentally editing our template cards when their intention is to create a new card from the template. All the templates are in their own list with a bogus card on top of the list telling people not to edit them. The list is the farthest right list, and we've told people to only use the buttons to create cards from templates on the bottom of all the other lists. I've also put back-ups of the templates in the archive so I can restore them each time someone screws them up. Is there anything else I can do to protect the templates (e.g. lock them from non-admins, hide them from non-admins, etc.)?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Feb 13, 2020

@Alex_Feinberg : I would just archive the entire list (without archiving the cards). Then do a quick re-training with the team to ensure they use the "Create from Template" function. This way they can't mess with the Template unless they go through the hassle of editing it... which hopefully they will not!

Although not terribly intuitive, this solution works great.

Thanks!

Like FUN MAN ANDY likes this
FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Feb 17, 2020

Excellent. Great to hear @Alex_Feinberg . Good luck!

0 votes
FUN MAN ANDY Community Leader Feb 13, 2020

Final possible option, is to build a Power Up to Lock Templates as an admin:

https://developers.trello.com/docs/get-started

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,597 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you