Protecting card templates from accidental editing

Alex_Feinberg February 13, 2020

Greetings,

We have a recurring issue with team members accidentally editing our template cards when their intention is to create a new card from the template. All the templates are in their own list with a bogus card on top of the list telling people not to edit them. The list is the farthest right list, and we've told people to only use the buttons to create cards from templates on the bottom of all the other lists. I've also put back-ups of the templates in the archive so I can restore them each time someone screws them up. Is there anything else I can do to protect the templates (e.g. lock them from non-admins, hide them from non-admins, etc.)?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

@Alex_Feinberg : I would just archive the entire list (without archiving the cards). Then do a quick re-training with the team to ensure they use the "Create from Template" function. This way they can't mess with the Template unless they go through the hassle of editing it... which hopefully they will not!

Alex_Feinberg February 14, 2020

Although not terribly intuitive, this solution works great.

Thanks!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Excellent. Great to hear @Alex_Feinberg . Good luck!

0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Final possible option, is to build a Power Up to Lock Templates as an admin:

https://developers.trello.com/docs/get-started

0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events