Pro-Tipps needed - Trello-Automation - Emails

Raphael Laqueur October 12, 2017

Hello everyone,

I've got some question regarding our new Trello-Boards. 

We would like to use Trello to manage our customer requests, our plan is that our customer writes new requests directly into a "starter" board.

Our colleagues proof the request and move the card to the "work" board. On this board the customer can only read. The request will be directed through several stages (workflow) on this board.

When its pass internal tests, it will moved back to the "starter" board for customer approval.

So now my questions :).

1) Is it possible to send Emails to the creator of the card, when the card reached a certain list? 

2) Is it possible that cards are getting specific custom fields depending on the list they moved to?

3) Is it possible that cards are getting a specific checklist, when they are reaching a specific list?

A workaround would be that our colleagues mention the creator of the requests on the card, right?

Maybe someone has similar requests?

Thanks a lot :),

best wishes,

Raphael

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Hey Raphael

For this, I would recommend using Butlerbot, it's an automation tool that makes things like this possible. Below the instructions on adding to Butler, I will spell out the commands you need to accomplish the things in your list.  Please note: Trello can't send an email, but it will work on commenting the creator's username to be tagged.  

To get started:

• Add Butler to your board by using this dashboard link
    • A new list will be added to your board called Butler
  • Create a new card on Butler list as follows for each of your specific scenarios
  1. when a card is added to list "listname", post comment "@{creatorusername}, this cards has reached list listname"
    1. Any time a card is added to (or moved to) list "Listname", the comment will be added to that card. This tags the user for a notification
  2. I am checking into this to see if it's possible for Butler to add a Custom Field, when I find out I will let you know
  3. when a card is added to list "listname", add the checklist "checklist"
    1. You need to use an existing checklist on the board.

As mentioned, I will get back with you as soon I find out about the Custom Fields, but if you have any questions or need further guidance on setting up Butler or it's commands, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Hey Raphael

I wanted to follow up on item #2. Unfortunately, Custom Fields are not writable by 3rd party apps yet.. hopefully this will be implemented soon!  So, #2 is not currently possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events