Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy on created template

Eileen October 24, 2021

I would like to create a template which is meant as a bonus to an online course I am about to launch. So only certain people should get access to it and it should not be visible to others. As far as I understood this is possible with a permium account.

So far so good. I also understood, that I can add those people to that template and they can use it (copy it but not change it). What I couldnt find any information on was if the added people to this template will be able to see who has access to this template. If they can see each other, how can I change it?

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hi Eileen,

Yes, with a Premium subscription it is possible to create templates from private or Workspace-visible boards. This will mean that only people who are directly invited to the template will be able to see the template and create a new board from it.

Once someone creates a new board from the template, the new board will be completely independent from the original template board. This means that the person who creates the new board will be the board admin and be able to control all editing of the board including inviting people to the board or even making the visibility of the new board public. They won't be able to see boards that other people create from the template (unless specifically invited to the board).

Does this help to answer your questions?

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events