Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy concerns with public "invite to board" auto-complete feature

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2019

I went to invite someone to my Trello board and was concerned to see the field auto-complete by first and last name. Avatars are visible and there is a status indicator showing if the person has logged in recently or if that email address has a Trello account or not.

Has anyone else raised this as a concern?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Kat Warner yeah I always invite people by email address!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2019

I wanted to give someone visibility of a board but had to ask them what email address to use and I know the would not want an email address with their name showing in the auto-complete.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

@Kat Warner It doesn't auto complete based on email and you can't get a trello users email address 

Like Kat Warner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events