Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Printing content from all cards from a board

How do you print the content from all cards from a board so you can retain a state of play on a given date i.e. before others have edited it!

2 answers

But it doesn't!?

It only gives,,,

Card ID           Card Name     Card URL        Card Description         Labels  Members         Due Date            Attachment Count       Attachment Links        Checklist Item Total Count     Checklist Item Completed Count  Vote Count      Comment Count         Last Activity Date        List ID  List Name       Board ID            Board Name   Archived

So none, of the actual card content. What am I missing?

@Hannah Morgan sorry forgot tot ag you :D

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jul 05, 2022

@Cara Allan oh right, so the csv export doesn't seem to populating correctly? This is how it looks for me:

csv export.PNG

Not quite sure why yours is blank 🤔 maybe try open the csv file in a different application like google sheets?

@Hannah Morgan but yours doesn't include the content either, only the description and a URL  - the URL will take you to the latest content i.e. if it is edited, the content will have changed. I need a download at a point in time i.e. before edits.  I think I just have to accept Trello is not fit for my purpose.  I've already copied everything across to Teams and will delete account. Thanks very much for trying to help.

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jul 06, 2022

It does include the content though! Cards that have members are populated, same with descriptions, due dates and attachments. If I scroll to the right, I see all the custom field values. If all the cards had descriptions, due dates, labels, members, etc. there would be more information in the sheet. It sounds like you've already moved on though - hopefully you'll cross paths with Trello again in the future 😄

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jun 30, 2022

Hi @Cara Allan ! Welcome to the community :) Are you just looking for a way to back up the board? What sort of format does your export need to be in? You can export the board as a csv file if you're on a Premium plan. You can also create reports using butler which is something you can do on the free plan. 

There are a few other options that involve 3rd-party power-ups, but let me know if that answers your question - if not, I can suggest some other options! 

Thanks @Hannah Morgan  - when I print/export to CSV I only get the card names, NOT the card content.   I've created an employee handbook I want to staff to read, but when I invite them they can edit, so I need a copy of the original in case [highly unlikely] they actually edit anything in there, rather than just read and comment. Also, even if I can get passed them editing it, I'd like a copy of the content for our own file records.

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jul 03, 2022

@Cara Allan when you say card contents, what information are you expecting to see? When you export a board as a csv file, you get the card description, labels, members, due date, and attachments for each card. If that's not detailed enough, there are power-ups that will export board/card contents for you (just search "export" in the power-up directory).

If the purpose of the board is to make it view-only to ensure staff don't overwrite any information on the board, are you able to add them as observers of the board instead? Or switch the board to public and share the link with them like this board https://trello.com/b/HbTEX5hb/employee-manual

The card content (not descriptions, labels, dates, attachments).  

Power-ups are chargeable, and seems odd to have to pay to print own content (as well as pay Trello).  I upgraded to Trello premium (trial) to see if was included, in which case would join Trello as a subscriber at end of trial... but it was not.

It seems I will have to open every card and screenshot/save. A shame as I'd hoped for Trello to be integrated with our processes but will need to keep it to this one purpose. 

Making staff observers may work, but means we'll have to take some elements offline where we DO want collaboration.

Thanks anyway.

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jul 04, 2022

@Cara Allan For the native export tool mentioned above, the csv contains pretty much all of the card contents except for checklists and comments I guess. Comments can't be edited by others though, so that shouldn't be a concern. Checklists can be edited, however.

Based on what you're saying, staff do need to actually edit that board then (rather than just reading and making comments as you mentioned earlier?). If that's the case, it sounds like having more granular permissions might be a more scalable solution? E.g. staff can view, comment, move cards between lists, and complete checklists, but can't do anything else. It's not a feature for the moment, but it might be in the pipeline! You can always chat with Trello directly via https://trello.com/contact#/ if you wanted to suggest any improvements 🙂

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events