Printing cards

Colin Ward February 7, 2018

Has something changed with printing cards recently? We used to print cards from our boards just fine but within the last week or so it has changed so that the print dialog only shows 1 page, even if the text on the card was significantly longer.

This seems to be the case irrespective of which browser we use.  I get the same behaviour in Chrome, Edge and IE

Is there a way we can force it to print the whole card?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi Colin,

To close the loop on this, yes, we made a separate and unrelated change the other day that did inadvertently break printing like that. Sorry! ðŸ˜³

We've already rolled out a fix, so printing should be all back to normal now!

Deleted user March 6, 2019

Still cannot print. Print preview is a blank sheet?

Like • Taylor Sutherland likes this
Debbie Finch March 7, 2019

Same things happening with me. I am a paying user and I need to be able to print cards, which I have historically been able to print via Trello. I am only able to print a blank page now. Is there a fix to this problem or not?

Elisabeth Thompson March 7, 2019

I only have a blank page as well... help!!

Kyle Chin March 7, 2019

Same here too, only a black page.

Alex Freitas March 7, 2019

I've noticed the same problem, whatever the card I want to print there is one blank page, when it will be available again? Still using the shortcut CTRL+P it happens to me as a problem.

KPo March 7, 2019

Same here - blank page only.

Kyle Chin March 7, 2019

@Alex Freitas CTRL+P doesn't work for me either. Currently using the Agile Cards power-up as an alternative.

Like • Alex Freitas likes this
Alex Freitas March 8, 2019

Great tip @Kyle Chin , I have already installed this power up , thanks !

Like • Kyle Chin likes this
Michel Hontoy March 10, 2019

Hello 

did the same, but would rather like to get it fixed via trello since i am using trello from several different device ..

Kyle Chin March 12, 2019

Happy to report that as of this afternoon (3/12/2019), printing functionality for Trello cards is back!

Like • Michel Hontoy likes this
Debbie Finch March 12, 2019

That is GREAT NEWS!!

Brandon Molle March 10, 2022

0 votes
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Does it happen on Firefox too?

Maybe you could try to unable some extensions if you have them (like AdBlock, for example).

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2018

Hey @Colin Ward

Adrian from Spartez here - creators of the Agile Cards for Trello power-up. 
It offers greater flexibility when printing your Trello board, lists and/or cards, plus it's free.
We have three predefined printing templates for compact, board and full-page cards. 
You can find out more info here - https://info.trello.com/power-ups/agile-cards

Feedback is always welcomed on our public Trello board too. 

Cheers, 

Colin Ward February 9, 2018

Hi Adrian

We have actually resolved our issue by using your Power-up. Selecting the 'multiple pages' option for full page cards allows us to print the full description for cards where it runs over 1 page so thank you for that :)

We never used to need to use a power-up however, so I still wonder if something changed

Colin

Cavalin frederic February 11, 2018

Hi,

I had the problem too and it's now solved. But today Agile Cards does not work any more. Even if the power-up is selected on the board, the fields that allow you to print do not appear (on the board and on the card).

Thanks for your help

Fred

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 11, 2018

Hi @Cavalin frederic

Thanks for the notice!
Do you have any other power-ups enabled that may conflict with Agile Cards?

I've created a card on our public Trello board, it would be great if you could give more details there - https://trello.com/c/OwpucliJ

Cheers, 

Cavalin frederic February 13, 2018

Hi,

The problem is solved.

I tried to reach the card but it's impossible de write on it. Must be a member of the board I guess.

Fred

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events