Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Trial is ending and I want to go to Standard

Kenny Evans May 27, 2022

I want to go to the Standard plan now or at the end of the Premium Trial. It seems that there is no way to do this, sadly. I did see this thread but it is still not clear to me. 

Do I click "cancel subscription" under billing now and then I have to remember to start a Standard subscription with 24 hours of when the Premium Trial ends? It says that my free trial will end of June 5th, what time on June 5th does it end? This all seems a little crazy. This needs a better solution, I think. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kenny Evans June 5, 2022

OK, I did select "Cancel subscription" which makes it so the Premium Trial ends instead of charging me at the end of the trial. I thought that June 5th was the day that I had 24 hours to upgrade before I loose some of my boards. But no, nothing changed today. I'll see what happens tomorrow. 

Kenny Evans June 7, 2022

On June 6th, the day it expired, I could choose the Standard subscription without it closing any of my boards. 

I still think they should fix this so I can just choose to go to Standard at the end of the Premium trial without having to play this game and make sure I am available and remember on the day that the trial ends. It seems completely unnecessary. 

2 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@chadevans1 welcome to the community!

If you go to your billing for your workspace, do you see the option to click "get standard"? That should do the trick!

image.png

Kenny Evans May 29, 2022

Um no. While on the trial, my workspace billings page looks like this: 

Screenshot 2022-05-29 224148.png

So, still same question, what is the best way to handle this? 

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Ah, I found it! You need to cancel subscription on bottom and switch to Standard

Kenny Evans May 30, 2022

Sorry for my abrupt response. ☺️

I agree with @Brittany Joiner that it should be that easy. Unfortunately, during the Premium Trial, it is not. 

It looks like my options are, according to this thread:

• Wait until the trial period ends, pay for Premium for one month and then downgrade.
  • Cancel Subscription (I’m not sure what that does to my data) and then switch to Standard within 24 hours of it expiring (also unclear to me what happens after 24 hours).
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Yes, you're right, I answer too quickly

Because, if you cancel now, you loss the trial

Sorry, it's my fault...

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

@chadevans1 strange, and if you click "compare plans" in that screenshot you showed, it doesn't give you the option to move your trial? This is good feedback for the team that it's a confusing experience - i know they peruse these forums so they should see this and hopefully be able to adjust it in the future to be more clear!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Kenny Evans May 30, 2022

@Brittany Joiner that's right. When I click on that it takes me to an explanation and to a different Workspace, if I get back to my Workspace then it goes back to the screenshot above. 

I'm not just complaining that it is confusing. I still don't know what to do. Are those really my two options? If so, I don't like the first option. What happens exactly if I "Cancel Subscription"? And then the comment in the thread about 24 hours. What happens during the 24 hours? What happens after the 24 hours? 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2022

@chadevans1 i'm honestly not sure. I've sent this over to someone at the Trello team and hoping they'll have someone on here reach out to help. Feel free to also reach out to support and see if they might be able to get back to you faster!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events