Preload the attached photos in Trello

Leung Candy January 15, 2019

Hi,

I know that Trello has offline function, which is awesome, especially when travelling. However, not until I experience a really slow network in foreign countries before I learnt that the photos attached to the cards are not preload (as I assume while syncing the cards to the server, I would automatically store the attachment somehow in my phone). Is there any way I can preload them so that I can view the photos offline as well? Otherwise, (it seems that), it consumes mobile data every time when I try to open a photo attachment, because it takes almost the same time even if I close one photo and re-open it immediately. 

It was quite inconvenient and frustrating when I do not have LTE available. If Trello does not have this function now, consider it. 

1 answer

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hi Leung,

I'm afraid this is intentional, because a board could have very large attachments, this would potentially cause the app to hang as all of those attachments are pre-loaded. Nevertheless, I'll let the team know this is something you'd like to see!

dominiktr September 3, 2019

Any update on this? I need it also for a travel, where I don't have internet access all the time. This is a show stopper for me :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events