Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Up Suggestion for Important Date Reminder

Shanna Horn July 12, 2018

Hello All,

I am new to Trello and am creating a board to help me remember important client's dates such as birthdays and anniversaries.  I need a power up to remind me of these dates as well as sort them on my board by order of due date. 

I would love to hear your recommendations because I've been looking through all the power ups and none seem to do both.

Thank you in advance for your help!  I really appreciate it!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

Hi Shanna!

Have you looked into using ButlerBot for this? There's a Butler power-up, but the Bot is different. It's actually an automated user that you add to your board and give commands, and it's incredibly versatile! You could use Butler to help with this in a variety of ways. And since it's a user, you can use it while on mobile as well, which is handy.

What you first do is add ButlerBot to your board. It'll create a list, and you then add commands as cards to that list. You can build your commands at https://butlerfortrello.com/butlerbot.html

For example, if you want to get a notification 2 weeks before a date, you could use:

14 days before a card is due, post comment "Hey there @USERNAME, {cardname} is coming up in 2 weeks."

Just swap @USERNAME for your actual username. Any time your username is tagged, Trello sends you a notification. The {cardname} bit will plop in the name of the actual card, so you'd get a notification like "Hey @Shanna, John Doe's birthday is coming up in 2 weeks."

You can use ButlerBot to add due dates, add you to cards, send notifications... it's super powerful. I'm more than happy to help you write the commands you need to get the notifications you want if you need help, too.

Hope this helps you solve your need!

Shanna Horn July 17, 2018

Thank you!  I will look into this!

Shanna Horn July 17, 2018

Hi Devon!

Ok, stupid question but is Butlerbot different than the Butler power up?  Or do I download Butler and customize it?  Thanks!

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

Hi Shanna,

This article explains the history and differences between Butler Bot and the Butler Power-Up: https://help.butlerfortrello.com/article/37-butler-bot-vs-power-up

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events