cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power-Up Approval Automation

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

How could I setup a rule in Butler, that when I bring a card into "For Approval" List. the card will be automatically assigned Approval Person by using Approvals Power-Up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

Hi

The only power-up field which can be managed by butler is custom field.

You can create customized fields to assign approval person.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2020

I see, this is kind of sad, I really like the power-up "Approvals"

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2020

The concern in Custom Field is, even you add checkbox as for approval, say NameA, NameB, NameC etc., any one of A/B/C could mistakenly click the wrong checkbox; in Approvals, the account owner only can check and approve under his/her name since other name checkbox was blanked already.

So back to top of my question, still looking for a way to automation the card when someone brings into "Submitted for Approval" list, Trello would automatically give "For Approval" Label, re-setup due to 4 hrs later, and give the default name as approval name on card.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

I guess I found the way in my case, create a card template, and always create the card from that card template...

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

An another possible way

Add a checklist titled Approvals to the parentcard. 

Each item of this checklist corresponds to an approver.

Create a board for each approver. 

Convert all the items into linked cards. 

Dispatch each linked card in appropriate board

(for this use pattern, wildcard & appropriate name, 

• cardname = itemname [parentcardname]
  • boardname = itemname

When a card is done in the personal board, check the item in the checklist approvals. 

When the checklist is complete, move the parentcard to "approved" list.  

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

I see, thanks, Ludo...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events