It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Possible to move checklist items between cards?

Is it possible to transfer individual checklist items from one card to another?

Specifically, I'm looking to transfer unchecked items only, either one-by-one, or (ideally) as a group.

The closest I've been able to get is just copying the whole checklist and deleting the previously checked items individually by hand, but that's cumbersome because I'm really only trying to transfer a minority of the original list (most had been checked off). 

3 answers

1 accepted

Hey, you've used the wrong category.

I don't believe there is any way to copy unchecked items only on Trello.

Jack Community Leader May 22, 2019

@SBecerra so this is a Trello question? if so I will try to move it.

Ah, my bad. Yes, please and thanks for catching that! :) Still getting used to a new set-up and took a wrong turn along the way. 

Like Paweł Albecki likes this
1 vote
Jack Community Leader May 21, 2019

i'm assuming you are using a checklist addon? I currently use Issue Checklist Pro from Gebsun and like it. However, there is no way to transfer undone items to another task. What I might consider in this case is to create another task w/ the same checklist (using templates) and simply immediately check off those items done under the previous task and link the tasks and add a comment.

@SBecerra, @Jack 

The following can also help:

• Copy-Paste - it is quicker than using templates, especially if current checklist does not come from a template or was modified since the template was loaded. Copy-Paste does not transfer the checkbox state at the moment, but it will be very soon. 
  • Copy&Paste in the editor does the same but also keeps the status of the checkboxes/items. 

Hiding completed items can also do the trick if the entire checklist was copied. 

Cheers,
Jack

Thanks! I'm trying to avoid copy paste or having to delete previously checked items. Copy paste might be the simplest workaround for now, though I'd have to rearrange the unchecked items together first. 

Thanks for confirming! That's really too bad the checklist feature is so rigid. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,622 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you