It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Possible to make a member invisible?

Hey there,

I just wanna know if it's possible to invite a member without noticing others, or just possible make them invisible, which only Admins can see but not the others.

Or is there any work around for that?

2 answers

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 05, 2018

Hi Shihab, I am not aware of a way you can make a member invisible on a board. If your board is set to public, anyone with the link can view the board, without becoming a member of board (almost like an invisible user but in an open environment).

In Trello Business Class there is an observer function that you may wish to consider, the observers can't make changes to the board but can view only. Here is an article with more information:

https://help.trello.com/article/732-adding-observers-to-boards

Please let me know if this helps.

Have a great day,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 06, 2018

Thanks Shihab, you can submit a Trello feature request  at the following address:  feature-ideas@trello.com. Here is an article with additional information: https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello 

Have a great day!

Jodi

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Nov 05, 2018

in addition to the suggestions from @Jodi LeBlanc if your goal is just to have someone able to see board without others being aware of their identity you could simply set up a different Trello account and give that person the login details, but have no identifying information in the profile. That way people would see there was another user on the board but wouldn't be able to see who that person was.

You got my question right. But the thing is the board Admin can't add another user, because it would still notify others of the new user even though if the information is false. He just don't wanna notify any others or others seeing the newly added person in the members list.

Looks like it should be taken as a feedback I guess, a member visibility setting or something maybe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,569 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you