Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to schedule/delay notifications triggered by changes in cards

Deleted user September 18, 2020

I’m currently working in a organization with a strict policy of not sending messages/emails during  “out of office hour”. Some people (eg interns balancing work with school and parents needing to tend to kids) do however sometime benefit from a more flexible workday from time to time. I’m thus wondering if there is:

1) possible to schedule/delay all notifications connected to changes in cards done during non working hours so that those are sent during (predefined) office hours instead 

2) if no to the above, is there a way for the rest of the organization to schedule when the receive notifications to achieve the same?

I’ve found no previous discussions or help articles when googling this so I’m hoping for some insights here. Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2020

@[deleted] you can change email notification frequency to daily, and staff members can manage their own notifications in Trello using their notification settings on their own devices.

Alternatively, they could rely solely on the web notification centre and disable email and mobile notifications altogether so they only see notifications when they sit down to work.

I also created a tool that creates linked copies of cards you're added to or comments you're mentioned in, into a single personal board, and unwatches you from any card you're added to.

This dramatically reduces the total number of notifications you see, and also gives people a central place to review both card adds and comment mentions (the 2 most valuable types of notifications imho) when they get to work:

http://www.benkoboard.com/

Deleted user September 20, 2020

Thank you! We will look into this asap. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events