Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF slow to open in a card

Sarah October 23, 2020

I work on a magazine and am used to uploading PDFs of features to Trello cards – I've been using Trello for a year or so this way.

Lately, the PDFs are taking a very long time to open when I have a card open. It's not because the file is too big, because if that was the case, Trello wouldn't upload the PDF at all. I always close cards when I'm not looking at them.

I'd appreciate any advice!

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having trouble loading PDFs in your cards.

Would you mind performing a hard refresh of your browser to see if that changes anything?

Chrome: Windows - Ctrl+F5 / Mac - Command+Shift+R
Safari: Mac - Option+Command+R
Firefox: Windows - Ctrl+Shift+R / Mac - Command+Shift+R

Look forward to hearing from you,

Lara
The Trello Team

Sarah October 30, 2020

Hi Lara, thanks so much for getting back to me! 

I tried that, but afraid it didn't work. I'm on a mac. Just to be really sure I did the right thing: I opened Chrome and pressed command-shift-R, then opened Trello and did the same.

Just tried launching Trello in Safari and the PDFs wouldn't open at all – I just got a grey screen! I tried more than one PDF in case it was the individual one that was the problem.

Any thoughts...?

Thanks,

Sarah

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for trying!

Do you have any browser extensions installed? If so, would you mind trying from an incognito/private window?

Otherwise, have you had any issues with your network at all?

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events