Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Viewing & Download Problem

Fuad Ahmad January 14, 2022

After months of lobbying I just got my organization to purchase licenses to Trello.

Migrated a ton of files over, only to discover today that none of the PDFs can be viewed, and when they are downloaded there's some sort of file extension issue that makes them unreadable on Trello both online and in a desktop app. 

Does this platform not enable PDF viewing within cards or online? WHAT? Tried in multiple browsers, multiple devices, nothing seems to work. Is there a fix to this? A power-up to deploy? How do I make this work for my team? Please advise, ASAP.

Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 10.49.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-14 at 10.50.04 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Hi @Fuad Ahmad 👋

Welcome to the Community! In general, you can preview image and video attachments within Trello without having to download them by clicking on the thumbnail of the attachment from the card back to open the preview. However, other file types, like .pdf or .doc cannot be previewed and need to be downloaded to the device. 

It may be worth looking into Power Ups and the storage devices your organisation may use, for example the Google Drive Power Up. Some options may not allow you to view them in Trello but would at least direct your team to a platform that could.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events