Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook email into a trello card

Oz Kilic July 13, 2017

I know that I can forward an email to a specific email address ("email for this card" option under "share and more")to add it as a comment to a card in Trello, but I was wondering if there is MS Outlook add-on to do the same thing. I found an add-on but that only adds the email as a card which in my opinion is little useless since I would like to add the email communication to a specific task. Can you help?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2017

Hi Oz,

Currently, this Outlook add-in (http://help.trello.com/article/1075-outlook-add-in) is the extent of our integration with Outlook, and will only create a new card, as you've found. Most integrations aren't able to add to existing cards because of the potential of having many cards on a board—that UI would be a little difficult to work with. Nevertheless, I’ll let the team know this is something you're looking for!

Rich Ressel July 9, 2018

Yes, I definitely agree that being able to send an outlook.live email INTO a card -  comment section or separate correspondence tab rather than creating one would be awesome! Please do it soon?

Rich Ressel

Rich Ressel July 9, 2018

Actually, any email service if possible.

Mckenzie Lyle June 18, 2021

Is there a solution for this yet? My company is switching from Google email to Outlook and I need to be able to save email strings to existing Trello cards! I can do that in Gmail and it is a huge efficiency for me. thanks!

Mckenzie Lyle June 18, 2021

I just found an add-in but there are significant deficiencies from the Google add-in. When I send an email to a Trello card, it saves it as a link, so when I want to reply to that email, I just click on it and it pulls up the email in my gmail account and I am brought right back to that correspondence. And it also gives me the list of cards in any board/list to pick from instead of having to search for the card by name. These are two HUGE features for me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events