cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing inventory for rentals

Dan Andersen October 2, 2019

Hi Trello Community :)

So - I'm looking for a power-up, where i can manage my rentals

This might in some sort of calendar view, but i'm open for suggestions.

Lets say i have 250 of a specific item - 100 of them are rented out from a given date to a given date - Then another customer wants to rent 175 items in the same period - I need to see that its not in stock, and see how many items i can rent to customers in that given period.

Don't know if my example makes sense, but ask me, and i'll try to be more spcific

Regards

Dan 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

@Dan Andersen I don't know of any power up but here's how I would design the system:

1) One board is your stock control board, you have one list per item type, one card per item, each item has a due date set on when it will become available

2) Another board is your orders board, you create one card per customer order. This card has custom fields for start and end date of rental, and another custom field for desired amount

3) An API automation then loops through all cards in the stock board to find any cards that either have no due date (not rented out) or those that have a date that falls due within that period, giving you the total that will become available during that period AND then another figure which is the total available at the *start* of that period.

This automation wouldn't be something you could create with Butler, but you could create it with Trellinator which would be simpler and cheaper than coding the API calls directly:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events