Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing cards by adding date

Elgolembeppo October 12, 2017

Hi everybody,

I use a lot the "Send to Trello" option in Google Chrome to create cards in selected lists and every new card is created automatically in the last position (down there) in the list. Is there any way I can change this? Is there any option to organize the list differently so the new cards added are in the first position?

Thanks a lot for your help.

José

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Hey Elgolembeppo

While there's not an option to tell Trello to "Always sort by card add date", you can add Butlerbot integration (free) to your board, and allow the bot to work

For instance, you can write a command to Butler when a card is added, sort list by age descending and then every time you add a card, regardless of the list, it will add the card to the top of that list. Alternatively, you can say when a card is added to list "listname", sort list by age descending if you want only specific lists to be sorted that way.

To get started:

• Add Butler to your board by using this dashboard link
    • A new list will be added to your board called Butler
  • Create a new card on Butler list as follows
    • when a card is added, sort list by age descending 

Then, as discussed above, the bot will sort all of your newly added cards by age, most recent on top.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events