• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Orangising Butler

Deleted user Aug 30, 2020

Butler is a great addition to Trello, but it's really lacking in usability especially for teams. For example, a team member adds a board and wants to add specific rules that have already been created. They have to scroll through all of the rules, read each one and guess (more of less) if it's the one they want.

Can butler be upgraded so that we can add a description to the rule of what it is? In that discription we could add 1.1 blah blah and inform team membersto enable rule 1.1 for newly created boards etc. 

There has to be a better way to navigate Butler. Right now while the tool is great, naviation of rules is nothing short of paingful, especially for inexperienced users and a nightmare for people trying to administer a team.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Aug 30, 2020

@[deleted] I agree, the notion of a group of boards that all "inherit" certain functionality is something I was after back when it was Butler Bot. I actually created this functionality in Trellinator, but unfortunately it's a coding framework rather than an "end user" solution:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

As far as your idea for telling people which rules to enable, I guess what you could do is just have a checklist in your board template that instructed people which rules to enable for each of the various types of boards you create.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

872 views 15 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you