Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive permssions not reflected

Yazan Khasawneh March 15, 2018

we have customer where they are leveraging Trello and want to store their documents in OneDrive for Business or Box. The issue today is that when they upload content into box from trello the permissions flow into box so that users dont have to open box and replicate the permissions from Trello to Box. This is currently not the case with OneDrive for Business - do we have a solution for this so that members of a trello board get access to associated OneDrive for Business content?

1 answer

0 votes
Crystal Davis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi Yazan,

Crystal from Trello Support here. 

I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. You're having issues connecting the Box Power-up to your Trello boards. There is a permission setting preventing you from opening the file? 

Let me know if I'm tracking correctly!

Gregory Short April 23, 2018

Crystal,

I believe that I am having the same issue as Yazan.  In our case, we are not using Box and only using OneDrive for Business.  We are also not using the Power-Up.

The issue is when we use the "Attachment" button on the card.  We choose OneDrive which opens OneDrive in a new browser window/tab, and we choose the file that we are going to share.

At that point, others are not able to access it even know the file is shared.  I believe there may be something wrong with the link that it is providing.
Link in Trello card:
https://XXXXX-my.sharepoint.com/personal/XXXXX/_layouts/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=%7B9DFC19D7-814A-4B57-8D52-DB747A78B105%7D&file=Toner.xlsx&action=default

Link directly from OneDrive:
https://XXXXX-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/XXXXX/EdcZ_J1KgVdLjVLbdHp4sQUBFfo3GSb3w5-bSocdwHZbuQ

So if the user tries and logs into the link from the card, they will receive an Access Denied message.  When they go to the link that comes from OneDrive they are able to open the file, and at that point, they are able to open the link on the card also, but only after they open the direct OneDrive Link.  This process works per User and does not fix it for the entire organization.

Gregory Short April 25, 2018

Microsoft said that the link shared by Trello is incorrect for OneDrive for business.  They said that link that is given by Trello will not work through OneDrive (they did not specify OneDrive or OneDrive for Business) and that the OneDrive link has to be used.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events