Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneDrive Reflect permissions when sharing

Dominic P. October 4, 2021

Hi there,

the OneDrive power-up for Trello is great, thank you so much for this integration. Still, I've got one feature request: at the moment it is possible to attach any file, even if nobody else has got access (on the OneDrive side) to this file. There should be a warning about this or in the best case an option to automatically adjust the permissions in the moment when you attach the file to a Trello card.

Current flow

The current flow to share a once private file in your OneDrive with everybody else in your team (if this file is not in a folder every team member has access to) via Trello:

1. Open OneDrive. Right-click the file and share with your organization.

2. Then go to a Trello card and attach this file via the OneDrive power-up.

Desired flow

I would very much appreciate it if step 1 could be included in step 2. E.g. the OneDrive pop-up in Trello shows a warning if nobody from the organization has access to the file and lets you adjust the permission right inside this pop-up.

I don't know if the Trello team can do anything about this or if this has to be done by Microsoft. But I'm sure there are ways to tackle this and to improve the existing flow.

All the best,
Dominic

1 answer

0 votes
Dominic P. October 4, 2021

Motivation

I forgot to mention the motivation behind this: just imagine a OneDrive attachment on a Trello card where someone has shared a private file. The rest of the Trello team will get an Access denied error and need to remind the person to also share the file within OneDrive. This process is for sure error-prone.

Share popup

One way to solve this problem could be to make the usual OneDrive share popup available within the OneDrive popup in Trello when you click on "Attach a file". This would still be a manual effort, but at least in one single window, so one step towards the goal ;)

onedrive share popup.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events