Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my Lists has Dissapeared

Chad Norman July 15, 2021

Hi! We have a board with around 15 lists, and last night one of the lists just disappeared. It is not in the archive, and it was not moved to another board. Any ideas? Thanks! 

2 answers

1 vote
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2021

Hello @Chad Norman 

Has the number of lists also gone down by 1? If the number of lists is the same, someone might have just re-named the list.

How did you confirm the list wasn't archived or moved to another board? Did you look through the board's activity history for the past 24hrs?

Chad Norman July 16, 2021

Thanks for the response! Our lists didn't go down by one. I checked the list archive, and it's not there. We are a small team of 12, so I had everyone check any other boards they belong to in case it was moved there... no luck. The mystery continues!

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Hello @Chad Norman 

Apart from the list being renamed, if some did either archive or move the list, that action will be recorded in the board's activity history:

Annotation 2021-07-17 072257.png

If you've checked the list archive and it's not there, then movement to another board is the next possibility. It may have been moved to another board, then that board deleted. Apart from that, I can't think of any other way to remove a list from a board without it being detected and now missing from all boards.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Do you have a filter on the board? I don't think this would actually hide any lists, but can make boards look a little more bare. 

I'm not sure it matters, but do you know what the placement of it was? Ie, was it the first list? Or at the end?

There's no reason it should automatically archive, so @David Bakkers guess is a good one - someone might have renamed it. 

Chad Norman July 16, 2021

I didn't know Trello even had filters... I will check though! 

The placement was in the middle of of about 12 boards, but that was a good thought. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2021

Yeah! If you use Cmd/Ctr + F , it opens the "search" menu which lets you add filters for labels, due dates, members, etc.

And Ah how interesting. Well since you mentioned the total lists did NOT go down by one, I am assuming David had the right hypothesis that maybe the name was changed? Do any of the cards in those middle lists look similar but perhaps just have a different list name?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events