Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Trello board always opens in Chrome with a filter applied

Adam R Dunn October 19, 2017

One of my Trello boards started opening in Chrome--where I usually work--with a filter already applied. The workaround of clearing the filter is easy, but it's annoying that I have to do it every time. This doesn't happen if I open the board in Internet Explorer. I've tried clearing Chrome's cache and the cookies for the page, then closing Chrome and starting over, but I get the same result. Any suggestions for clearing this behavior?

2 answers

0 votes
David Milkes June 6, 2018

I had the same problem, but I think I had a different cause. I happened to bookmark the board with the filter on, causing the URL to end with the parameters "?menu=filter&filter=member:my_name," so every time I clicked the bookmark, there was the filter.

0 votes
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Adam,

The board should open with the same filter settings applied as the last time it was opened. Could you try the following steps and let me know what happens?

1. Quit Chrome completely
2. Open a single Chrome window and log into Trello
3. Open the board in question
4. Press "X" on the keyboard to remove any filters.
5. Close the Chrome window.
6. Open a new Chrome window and re-open that board.

If you follow those steps, is the filter still applied? If so, could you let us know how you're getting to that board? Are you clicking on it from your Trello home page, from the boards sidebar on the left-hand side of Trello, from a link somewhere else, etc.?

Adam R Dunn October 23, 2017

I fixed the problem. First, I tried these steps and the result didn't change, regardless of how I opened the board. I then tried removing a couple of Trello-related Chrome extensions, to no avail.  I found that the problem wasn't happening on another PC, so then I knew it must be a local issue. I went back to my main PC and deleted the past hour's cache, browsing history, and cookies. That did the trick. Since I had cleared cookies and cache before, I can only assume it was the browsing history causing the problem.

Thanks for your response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events