cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'OR' commands in Butler

Bushra Ghaniwala April 13, 2022

Hi, 

I'm looking to create a Butler automation like this:
'When cards moves into the QA list' or 'Stakeholder approval list', post comment "ABC".

I basically want to post a comment only once. Some cards go into both lists but I don't want to get two comments. I just want the comment the first time my condition is met. For example, if I got the comment ABC posted when the card entered the QA list, I don't want a second comment when the card goes from QA to Stakeholder approval. Is there a way I can add an OR to the trigger?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2022

Butler does not have an OR for triggers - only a single trigger per command. An OR would not solve the problem you're having either, because a card can only be in a single list at once, so having "When card moves into list A OR list B" as a trigger would still trigger the command when the card moves into list A, and again when it moves into list B, and again if it was to move back to list A.

You'll probably need some kind of state marker on your card to allow you to set a condition on the rule - for example you could add a label like "Processed" to the card, and structure your rule(s) like "when a card without the blue 'Processed' label is moved into list 'A', [... do things]".

Hope this helps,

Felix

Bushra Ghaniwala April 18, 2022

That sounds like a logical solution. Thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events